Baseball returned to New York after 9/11 on September 21, 2001 at Shea Stadium. With a stadium full of emotion during the Mets vs. Braves matchup, the Kings of Queens trailed by a run in the bottom of the eighth. Mike Piazza was the city's hero that night, as he belted a two-run homerun that would eventually give NY the 3-2 victory. It wasn't just a win for the Mets that night, it was a win for New York. Piazza's New York Mets jersey from 2001 commemorates that unforgettable night, featuring an American flag patch on the back and 9/11/01 embroidered on the sleeve.
- Poly double knit body
- Three color twill front logo
- Three color twill named and numbers
- Embroidered twill Mets patch on left sleeve
- Embroidered MLB logo on back neck
- Cold wash/line dry
- Please refer to specific internal hangtag for additional details